1. High strength. The short fiber strength is 2.6~5.7cN/dtex, and the high strength fiber is 5.6~ 8.0cN/dtex. Due to its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength is essentially the same as the dry strength. The impact strength is 4 times higher than that of nylon and 20 times higher than viscose.
2. Good elasticity. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and when it is stretched by 5% to 6%, it can almost completely recover. The wrinkle resistance is superior to other fibers, that is, the fabric is not wrinkled, and the dimensional stability is good. The modulus of elasticity is 22~141cN/dtex, which is 2~3 times higher than that of nylon. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery, so it is durable, wrinkle-free and non-iron.
3. Heat-resistant polyester is produced by melt spinning, and the formed fiber can be further heated and melted, which is a thermoplastic fiber. Polyester has a higher melting point and a smaller specific heat capacity and thermal conductivity, so the heat resistance and heat insulation of the polyester fiber are higher. It is the best among synthetic fibers.
4. Good thermoplasticity and poor resistance to melting. Polyester is the most heat-resistant fabric in synthetic fabrics due to its smooth surface and tight internal molecules. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long pleats. At the same time, the polyester fabric has poor resistance to melting, and it is easy to form holes in the case of soot or Mars. Therefore, wear should avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc.
5. Good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon with the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
6. Light resistance is good. Lightfastness is second only to acrylic. Polyester fabrics have better lightfastness, and their lightfastness is better than natural fiber fabrics except for acrylic fibers. Especially in the back of the glass, the light fastness is very good, almost the same as acrylic fiber.
7. Corrosion resistant. Resistant to bleaches, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. Resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose. Also has strong acid and alkali resistance and UV resistance
8. Dyeing is poor, but the color fastness is good and it is not easy to fade. Because there is no specific dyeing group on the polyester molecular chain, and the polarity is small, the dyeing is difficult, the dyeability is poor, and the dye molecules are not easy to enter the fiber.
9. Poor hygroscopicity, wearing a stuffy heat, and easy to bring static electricity, staining dust, affecting the appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength is hardly reduced, it is not deformed, and it has good washing and wearability.